PK's Product Awareness Exchange
Since October is Awareness Month,
bring in 2 over-the-counter products
and receive 40% off, or
3 products and receive 50% off our
PK Signature Line.
Our Signature Line is 100% Vegan, Paraben free,
Sulfate free, Gluten Free,
Does Not Test on Animals and Contains 50% recycled materials.
Below you will find harmul ingredients and effects in over-the-counter products. Check the ingredients in your products and bring them to the Paul Kenneth Salon for a huge savings!
OVER THE COUNTER PRODUCTS (OTC PRODUCTS)
- Table salt is used as a filler to thicken shampoo and will strip the color from your hair as well as damage the hair’s cuticle resulting in dry, drab, split, brittle or frizzy hair
- Coal Tar is used to thicken shampoo, but is also used to remove rust from metal
- Silicone (aka any chemical name that ends in the last four letters of C O N E) is used as the conditioning agent which takes 14 days to be completely washed off your hair
- Food coloring is used as the coloring ingredient
- Petroleum and animal fats are used to give hair shine, which causes build-up
- Build-up is responsible for weighing the hair down, breakage, the inability of hair to hold a curl and prevents color and perm solutions from penetrating the hair shaft
- They don’t know the difference between hair color and unwanted foreign particles, such as dirt and oil
PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTS FROM A PROFESSIONAL SALON
- Concentrated so that only a small amount is needed
- Made with the highest quality cleansing and conditioning agents
- pH balanced, which protects your hair from the environment, prolonging the longevity of your hair color by slowing down the dye from escaping your hair
- They have plenty of expert research behind them
- Products are actually customized and don’t just claim it on the bottle
- Will not cause build up or strip the hair of color and vital moisture
- Many contain sunscreens specifically designed for hair
- Diversion is the process of products being sold outside of its authorized chain of distribution
- The products maybe one of three things:
- Stolen- a breach in contracts between the manufacturer and wholesaler
- Old- professional products have a shelf life of 1 year
- Tampered with/ Counterfeit- ingredients may be diluted or substituted
Restrictions may apply.
Paul Kenneth Salon, the leading color salon in greater Boston